Designed by Pete
This example itinerary from
£11000 / $13900
per person for 27 days.
- Spot majestic tigers and elusive leopards prowling in the Nagarhole National Park
- Cruise down the crocodile-filled Kabini River on a traditional boat for a sunset dining experience
- See the ancient rock fortress of Sigiriya and the Dambulla Caves for yourself whilst staying in Anuradhapura
- Hike to the top of Thotupola Kanda for panoramic views over the Horton’s Plains and Adam’s Peak
- Scuba dive the South Ari Atoll in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean during your trip to the beautiful Maldives
- 5 nights Full Board in India
- 9 nights Bed & Breakfast in India
- 8 nights Bed & Breakfast and Full Board in Sri Lanka
- 5 nights all inclusive in the Maldives
- Game, boat and walking safaris
- Tea, coffee and Spice Plantation tours
- Scuba Diving
- Non-motorised sport activities
- Domestic transfers
- International Economy Class Flights
- Spend your first night in the historic settlement of Mysore in southern part of Karnataka
- Visit the beautiful heritage structures and palaces dotted around the city with a guided city tour
Stay in the old capital city of the Kingdom of Mysore, ruled by the Wadiyar Dynasty.
Spend one night in the art and cultural capital of Karnataka, a historic town with great textiles, silk production, spices and markets. Stay at the Royal Orchid Metropole, one of the most renowned heritage hotels in Mysore, originally built by the Wadiyar dynasty as a guest house. From here you can explore the ‘City of Palaces’ with a visit to the majestic Palace of Mysore or the Chamundi Hills and sample the local sweet treat, Mysore Pak. The hotel also offers High Tea and a variety of restaurants for you to enjoy your evening in relaxation and comfort.
- Trek to Chembra Peak in the Wayanad hill ranges for incredible views over the misty Western Ghats
- See if you can spot the elusive tiger or leopard at the Muthanga National Park
Feel like part of the family at a charming homestay overlooking the Karapuzha Reservoir.
Stay in an abandoned coffee and rubber farm in Wayanad’s misty mountains overlooking the beautiful Karapuzha Reservoir and the Western Ghats. At the Amaryllis Homestead you will be treated like one of the family, with homemade meals, tea on the verandah, warm hospitality, cooking displays and evenings under the stars. The homestay is in a great location to get to know local life, with trips to local tribal villages and temples like the Jain Temple. During your stay, trek to Chembra Peak or head to the Muthanga National Park where you can spot wildlife like gaur, sloth bears, leopards, bears, elephants and even the elusive tiger.
- The Nagarhole ecosystem supports some incredible wildlife including dense populations of Asian elephants and the majestic tiger
- Float down the river in a traditional round coracle boat for a true South Indian Experience
Enjoy a unique safari experience influenced by the social tapestry of the local Kadu Kuruba tribe.
Head to this safari lodge in the less-visited National Park for an expert safari experience. Hop on a daily boat safari up the neighbouring Kabini River for a chance to spot bathing Asiatic elephants, smooth coated otters and sunbathing crocodiles. Take a vehicle safari across the park to see if you can spot the famous tiger hiding in the undergrowth or the crested serpent eagle flying overhead on a nature walk. Try something unique with a traditional coracle boat ride, unique to the rivers of southern India, or watch a local Kiruba tribal dance by campfire before a candlelit dinner cruise down the river.
- Taste local coffees, teas and spices whilst staying in the hilly plantations of Karnataka and enjoy some scenic fine dining experiences
- Discover the second largest Tibetan settlement outside Tibet at the Bylekuppe Monastery with over 7,000 monks
Wander through spice scented pathways under jackfruit trees whilst you explore a working coffee and spice plantation.
Drive to the Evolve Back Chikkana Halli Estate, Coorg, one of the most popular hill stations of Karnataka with vast hills home to a dense history of coffee, tea gardens and spice plantations. The estate itself is nestled within a 300 acre working coffee and spice plantation, which you can explore on foot on a guided plantation walk and enjoy the spice scented pathways. Coorg alone counts for 25% of all bird species in India, making it a bird watching paradise; set out in the morning to listen to the calls of grey hornbills, brainfever birds and more. Explore the local villages, stopping at a riverside teashop on the banks of the Cauvery to sip local teas and observe the rhythms of local life, or head to the Bylekuppe Tibetan settlement to see the Golden Temple.
- Nourish your mind, body and soul with some guided yoga classes and traditional Ayurvedic massage treatments
- Discover the local culture and heritage with a guided tour around the area, or with a traditional tribal dance performance of the Theyyam
Drive to Malabar for some well deserved beach and relaxation time in the beautiful North Kerala.
Swap hilly plantations for the Arabian Sea’s sandy shores with a four night stay at the Neeleshwar Hermitage in Northern Kerala. The Hermitage provides an expert wellness programme, where you can try some guided yoga and meditation classes as well as unwind at the Ayurvedic Spa with a consultation to nourish and rejuvenate. Here you can relax on the beach or cruise down the secluded waterways that feed the local paddyfields in the Lotus Houseboat. The Hermitage also offers traditional musical concerts, dance performances of Theyyam, Malabar dishes and guided tours of local temples and festivals.
- Stay at the legendary luxury hotel, The Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai, for one evening before flying to Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a city tour of bustling Mumbai, seeing its famous landmarks and explore the Colaba Causeway
Enjoy an evening in Mumbai in style with a stay in the city’s landmark hotel overlooking the majestic Gateway of India.
Drive back to Mangalore before flying to bustling Mumbai for a chance to stay at the legendary Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai. Here you can simply relax at the Jiva Spa, where you’ll find old Indian healing techniques mixed with the finest natural ingredients, or cool off in the pool. Alternatively, explore the city of Mumbai with a guided tour, stopping at heritage sites and the Colaba Causeway for some shopping. In the evening, pick from the hotel’s nine acclaimed restaurants and bars, including authentic Indian cuisine at Masala Kraft, or enjoy private dining at the chef’s studio to make your stay unique.
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka
- Explore the quaint village of Negombo including its vibrant markets and mangrove lagoon
- Visit the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Dambulla Cave Temples, on your drive to the Golden Triangle
The Wallawwa’s exceptional location make it a great overnight stay to prepare for the Sri Lankan part of your adventure
Fly from Mumbai to Colombo for an evening at the traditional and colonial style boutique hotel, the Wallawwa, in the rural hinterland of Negombo. Here you can prepare before your Sri Lanka adventures begin: the hotel has a beautiful pool set in 200-year-old tropical gardens as well as a heavenly spa, carved out of a 17th century manor house. In the daytime, take a trip to Negombo, where you can take a tour of the fishing market, the old Dutch canals and mangrove lagoon on a boat or kayak. The next day set off north, stopping at the beautiful Dambulla Caves before arriving at the Golden Triangle.
ANURADHAPURA, Sri Lanka
- Visit the ancient rock fortress of Sigiriya, built in 494 AD for a Kingly Palace
- Spot bears and elusive leopards whilst visiting the jungle-dense Wilpattu National Park
See some of Sri Lanka’s most famous and sacred UNESCO World Heritage Sites with a stay in Anuradhapura.
Spend three nights at a 150-year-old village chieftains mansion, surrounded by paddy fields for the prime location to visit Sri Lanka’s incredible heritage and archaeological sites. From the Ulagalla Anuradhapura, visit the great UNESCO World Heritage Sites, like the great Kingly rock fortress of Sigiriya. You can also either cycle or hop on a tuk tuk tour of the ancient sacred city of Anuradhapura, supposedly established around a cutting of the Buddha’s ‘tree of enlightenment’. Alternatively, head to the Wilpattu National Park, famous for bears, elephants and leopards in its dense jungle spotted with beautiful ponds.
Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka
- Be surrounded by peaceful vistas over Sri Lanka’s tea hills and cloud forests
- Visit the market town of Nuwara Eliya to be transported to a bygone era with its colonial tea heritage
Head to the heart of Sri Lanka’s Tea Country for its enveloping tea hills, cooling waterfalls and spectacular panoramas.
Feel as if living in a bygone era with your three day stay at Goatfell bungalow, surrounded by tea bushes amidst the Concordia Estate in the Kandapola hills, 2,000 metres above sea level. Here you can enjoy your locally sourced spiced curries or a swim in the pool with unrivalled vistas of the Sri Lankan hills and cloud forest, lit up magically at sunrise and sunset. Walk to the Finlay’s Tea Factory for a guided tour to learn about the production of the famous brew or explore the sights of the colonial era hill station of Nuwara Eliya. Hike through beautiful woodlands to reach Sri Lanka’s third highest and less-known mountain peak, the Thotupola Kanda. From here, enjoy panoramic views over Horton Plains and Adam’s Peak.
SOUTH ARI ATOLL, Maldives
- Delight in the beautiful marine diversity found in the in the South Ari Atoll whilst scuba diving
- Sail in a traditional Dhoni as the sun sets over the horizon for some sundowners and dolphin spotting
Experience paradise for yourself during a five night luxury stay on Moofushi Island in the Maldives.
Catch a flight to the Maldives in the mid-afternoon, and after a short sea plane ride over the Indian ocean and its islands, arrive at the Constance Moofushi for your five night stay in paradise. On this own secluded island you will experience barefoot luxury; stay in a private villa floating on stilts above the turquoise waters and wake up every morning to the sounds of the ocean. Spend your days exploring one of the best diving sites in the world around the South Ari Atoll or try big game fishing Maldivian style. In the evenings, sail down the coast in a traditional Dhoni to sip on sundowners and spot playful dolphins before dining on freshly caught seafood and fine wines with your toes in the sand.
I just wanted to thank you and your team for all of your efforts in planning and executing the perfect whistle stop tour of India’s highlights. All the hotels were exquisite and we can’t say enough good things about the Banyan staff who provided superb service at every step of the way. I will certainly recommend True Luxury to friends who are heading off to India and the other countries you serve!
Call +44 (0)203 137 1247
Call +1 (800) 635 8124
Other trips you might like
As featured in…
Where we go
Join Our Community
Based on 350+ reviews
Sign up to our newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter
Legal | © True Travel 2023 | 208 Fulham Rd, London SW10 9PJ | 8th Floor, 260 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016