True Travel Times
HOME > JOURNAL > TRAVEL TIPS >
We are over the moon to have been nominated Europe’s Leading Safari Tour Operator by the incredibly prestigious World Travel Awards. How did we do it? Well the judges don’t reveal their criteria but we are very proud to have been selected from thousands of possible luxury safari tour operators around the world. We think that there are 9 things that make us really special
- We want to be different – we formed True Travel because we believed that travellers were being under-served by an industry who had lost sight of true quality.
- There are 3 key elements to our DNA. We pride ourselves on combining in-depth expert knowledge, passionate customer service and fully transparent pricing.
- Our team are subject matter experts – our specialist safari team have unrivalled knowledge of their destinations because they have lived there, worked there and continually re-visit them so often to update their knowledge base.
- We are restless travellers! All of us spend at least 4 weeks a year scouring our specialist countries to find the best possible experiences. Our trips take painstaking planning. But that is why our clients come back to us time and again. Finite attention to detail is everything for us.
- We are honoured to do this for a living – our standards are set very high because we care so much about the countries we represent. Our team have personal connections with them. It’s important to us that our clients experience this connection when they are travelling with us.
- We are transparent. We provide a fully itemised cost breakdown for every itinerary so that our clients see exactly where their money is being spent and so that our staff scrutinise every cost of the itinerary as they build it. No-one else offers this. It is unique to us and our clients love it.
- We have no pre-set itineraries. Instead, we start with a blank piece of paper, listening to what our clients want and learning from their past experiences. We then utilise our expert knowledge and combine it with an enormous amount of passion to create tailor-made holidays designed to exceed expectations.
- Our customers actions speak louder than words. Over the past 12 months, approximately 80% of our bookings have come from repeat and word of mouth clients. We’re growing quickly, but we are growing by reputation rather than by flash marketing. And that’s the way we like it.
- We take our client feedback seriously and the office is as quiet as an Elephant shrew when one of us calls a client to see how their holiday has gone. It really matters to us and that is reflected in our Feefo Customer Review profile. So far we are averaging 4.9 / 5.
We hope that all of these reasons have contributed to this exciting nomination at the World Travel Awards. We are dedicated to creating the finest safari experiences that the world can provide and we carefully curate a unique experience every time. That sounds like a winning strategy to us.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Start planning your truly bespoke itinerary by contacting one of our destination specialists.
Call +44 (0)203 137 1247