The Africa Sales Specialist will take ownership of all processes involved with selling a holiday. They will have exceptional product knowledge and enthusiasm to showcase and develop their knowledge. They will be a brand guardian at all times, ensuring consistency and driving brand messaging. To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate that you are organised, efficient and creative.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a sales role within luxury travel
- Outstanding knowledge of Sub Suharan Africa
- FAM trip experience throughout Africa
- Experience of selling the Indian Ocean and Middle East
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with U/HNW clients
- A genuine can-do attitude, enthusiasm, open-mindedness, and a sense of humour
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong numeracy and creative writing skills
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Asses and convert enquiries with varied budgets, produce verbal and written quotations, review ravel documentation
- Communicate effectively with international suppliers, develop strong relationships and negotiate competitive contracts
- Support marketing initiatives to promote your sales regions; including MailChimp and newspaper production, social media, PR, events and website management
- Meet clients in person and virtually (confidence to present on video calls is essential)
- A proactive approach to tackle issues that may arise; identify and implement solutions in a timely and professional manner
- Work towards personal and team sales targets to meet annual KPI’s
- Engage in a daily Africa sales report, discussing the pipeline progress
- Exceptional product knowledge of the Africa sales area through first, and second, hand exposure as well as personal research
- Knowledge and sales ability across the True Travel destination portfolio
- Self-driven, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability, working flexible hours and occasionally at the weekends when enquiries demand it
- Competitive basic salary with incentivised performance-based bonus
- 23 days annual leave per year (exclusive of bank holidays)
- Annual work travel opportunities representing the company
- Personal travel benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
Please note that we are looking to fill this role immediately therefore, all applicants must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your specific sales experience and travel knowledge to Peter Trangmar at [email protected].
Round 1: Based on your CV and experience, we will provide you with content and task you to create sample itineraries and quotation emails showcasing the requested content. This should be used to demonstrate your sales and product knowledge, as well as your creative writing ability and eye for corresponding images.
Round 2: We will invite you to a virtual interview where we will review your task and go into further depth on your experience. This will be your opportunity to ask any queries you have about the company and role.