Designed by Pete
This example itinerary from
£7250 / $8500
per person for 18 days.
- Visit the magical Kuang Si waterfall to swim in the magical turquoise pools surrounded by dense jungle
- Experience a Laos sunrise whilst giving alms to the monks on the ancient streets of Luang Prabang
- See the Mekong lit up at sunset on a private boat cruise floating down the flowing river
- Be immersed in Laos countryside, hiking through rice paddies, past grazing buffalo and teak villages
- Experience ‘castaway luxury’ discovering the spectacular beaches, lagoons and uninhabited islands off Phuket
- 10 nights Bed & Breakfast
- 2 nights Half Board
- 5 nights Full Board
- Private Sunset Cruise
- Tour of Rice Paddies
- Local Lao BBQ
- 4WD trip to visit remote villages
- All non-motorised land & water activities
- International Economy Class Flights
- Domestic Transfers
LUANG PRABANG, Laos
- Swim in the magical turquoise pools of the multi-tiered Kuang Li waterfall and its flowing cascades
- Cruise down the Mekong River on a private boat to watch the sunset over the ancient city
Hear monks chanting in the temples, explore local markets, and float down the Mekong at sunset in the spiritual town of Luang Prabang.
Begin your honeymoon in the ancient city of Luang Prabang at the beautiful Satri House. Recover from your flight relaxing by the garden pool, surrounded by shady palms, before setting out to explore the city. Begin your mornings with the Sai Bat, offering alms to the Buddhist monks, and stroll through the markets filled with hand-crafted local textiles, jewellery and local delicacies like coconut pancakes. Enjoy a half-day exploration of the town by bicycle, following the quiet back lanes to heritage houses, enchanting temples and the Royal Palace to enjoy a refreshing iced tea in the gardens. Experience local farm life whilst meeting local farmer Laut Lee in the rice fields to learn how to make Lao noodles called ‘kapoen’ before heading to the Kuang Li Waterfall. Here you can swim in the magical turquoise pools and visit the Asiatic Bear Rescue Centre to learn about these rare creatures. In the evenings, float down the Mekong River on a private sunset cruise, try your hand at petanque and enjoy a local style barbecue.
MUANG LA, Laos
- Trek to a magnificent Khamu mountain village to meet the indigenous community, wandering through forest trails and rice paddies
- Enjoy a romantic five-course meal of traditional Lao dishes in riverside Sala, lit up by hundreds of candles
Hike or drive through the mountains and forests of Northern Laos to experience the local life of the ‘People of Heaven’.
Experience the beautiful jungle mountains and meet the ‘People of Heaven’ of Northern Laos, staying two nights at the Muang La Lodge on the banks of the Nam Park River. Pick from a variety of different walks or drives in this remote paradise, visiting the teak villages of the traditional ethnic communities of the region and wandering through rice fields and across bamboo bridges. Discover mountain caves and the temple of Wat Hoytiripphabath – home to an immense reclining Buddha – before heading back to the boutique lodge for a traditional hot spring bath or massage. Cross the lodge’s bride to swim in the infinity pool on its own private island and enjoy a sunset aperitif of champagne watching a traditional Khamu music and dance show. Spend a romantic evening by candlelight in the lodge’s Sala, sampling local Lao dishes with a modern twist.
NONG KHIAW, Laos
- Be immersed in rural Laos, surrounded by picturesque limestone mountains and the flowing Nam Ou River
- Recharge with a yoga class on Mandala Ou’s raised wooden yoga sala opposite the Phazang Cliff
Watch as traditional wooden sailing boats float down the Nam Ou River at sunset from the comfort of your bungalow terrace.
Drive to the Mandala Ou Resort, high on the banks of the scenic Nam Ou River and surrounded by limestone mountain, caves and rainforest – all of which can be enjoyed on your own private bungalow terrace. From here, you can visit the historic Patok caves and hike to the top of a mountain to enjoy a panoramic view of the unique Laos rural countryside. Spend one of your days on a waterfall trek, taking a riverboat downstream to a local Hmong Village and following local trails through rice paddies to follow a cascading stream to a waterfall. Here you can enjoy a traditional Lao picnic lunch from folded banana leaves before cooling-off in the waterfall pools. At the end of your two-day stay, guests can kayak most of the way back to Luang Prabang past the beautiful Pak Ou Caves for one more night at the ancient city.
LUANG PRABANG, Laos
- Hike past reclining Buddhas on a forest trail up to the Wat Chom Si to watch a panoramic sunset over Luang Prabang
- Unwind from your rural adventures with a relaxing massage with essential oils at the in-house spa
Spend one more evening in the beautiful Luang Prabang before jetting off the next morning down to the south of Laos.
Arrive back in Luang Prabang for a luxurious overnight stay in Satri House before your flight to Paksa the following day. In the afternoon, hike Phousi Hill in the middle of the city to see the glowing golden spire of Wat Chom Si lit up spectacularly at sunset, enjoying panoramic views over the city. In the evening, enjoy a relaxing soak in the jacuzzi or a lemongrass and lime massage at the in-house spa before a sundowner at the bar. Dine on Western and Asian specialities whilst overlooking Satri House’s garden oasis.
- Explore the tropical coffee plantations of southern Paksong’s Bolaven Plateau in a vintage jeep
- Learn how to grow and process your own coffee the Laos way
Spend one night at a farm homestay with Mystic Mountain Coffee immersed in the rural Lao countryside.
Fly from Luang Prabang to Pakse for an incredible overnight Mystic Mountain Coffee homestay experience, on a local coffee farm surrounded by tropical Dong Hua Sao jungle. Spend the day on a famous jeep tour of the volcano-made Bolaven Plateau to visit the Tad Fan and Tad Moan waterfalls and traditional villages. Here you will learn how to grow and harvest coffee, learning when it’s ripe through its smell and sounds, before sampling the coffee for yourself. Be treated to a delicious home-cooked lunch of Laotian flavourful dishes, made by your homestay family before sleeping in a traditional thatch-roofed bamboo bungalow.
- Enjoy a picnic breakfast amongst the Frangipani trees of the Wat Phou Temple, built in the Khmer Period at the foot of the Phou Khao
- Explore the Si Phan Don – Laos’ island riverine archipelago in the Mekong River
Watch the red sunset over Don Daeng’s sacred mountains from the comfort of your private bungalow terrace on the banks of the Mekong.
Stay three nights at La Folie Lodge on the Don Daeng Island – known as ‘the red island’ in the Champasak southern province. This is a secluded car-free island sitting along the Mekong River, known for its traditional lifestyle, wonderful hospitality and sacred mountains. Guests can sleep in a luxury wooden bungalow with a private balcony offering views over unspoilt sandy beaches, inhabited by fishermen and lazy buffalo. Relax in the beautiful pool overlooking the Mekong River or enjoy a yoga class watching local life go by. Hop on a mountain bike to experience the hidden 4,000 islands or the Si Phan Don – a riverine archipelago in whose waters visitors have been known to spot freshwater dolphins. Lastly, visit the UNESCO Wat Phou Temple at the base of Mount Phou Khao, built in the 6-13th centuries, and wander through the surrounding Frangipani trees before enjoying a picnic breakfast.
YAO NOI, Thailand
- Island hop by longboat to the uninhabited shores of Pa Koh to kayak through the magical mangrove lagoons and caves
- Sail to a secluded island to feel like a temporary castaway, enjoying a private barbeque watching the sunset on the horizon
Fly from Bangkok to Phuket to catch a boat through limestone islands, spending five nights in an iconic seascape in castaway luxury at Six Senses Yao Noi – your final destination.
Finish your honeymoon in ultimate island luxury, spending five nights at Six Senses Yao Noi in Phang Nga Bay. Guests enjoy total privacy in their elevated villas with a private pool and breathtaking views over the Andaman waters and limestone pinnacle islands. Island hop on a longtail boat for a private sunrise breakfast, a barbeque lunch or an intimate sundowner with champagne and nibbles. Kayak in Pa Koh’s unspoiled mangrove lagoons and feel as if you are in a James Bond Movie on the Phi Phi Islands, strolling down the secluded beaches surrounded by lush jungle. Spend a day cycling Yao Noi, discovering its well-kept secrets, exploring the island’s coconut and rubber plantations before scuba diving or snorkelling in vibrant coral gardens. In the evenings, unwind with hatha yoga or a Thai herbal massage before enjoying authentic Thai cuisine on the beach.
Victoria & Jack
We’ll never forget our time in Luang Prabang, it’s the most wonderful place. We spent three nights of our honeymoon here waking up to the smell of coffee and croissants; exploring the jungle temples; shopping in the night market and so much more. It’s such a special place and we’d never have thought to include it without Katie’s advice and encouragement. Thank you.
Call +44 (0)203 137 1247
Call +1 (800) 635 8124
Other trips you might like
As featured in…
Where we go
Join Our Community
Based on 350+ reviews
Sign up to our newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter
Legal | © True Travel 2023 | 208 Fulham Rd, London SW10 9PJ | 8th Floor, 260 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016